Friday, May 6, 2011

"My Mom" by Kathryn

This morning, Kathryn's preschool class did a little program for their mother's. They sang a sweet song, we all ate brunch together and then they gave us little gifts. Kathryn's been practicing her song all week and she can sing it perfectly. When her class sang, she got all shy and hardly even opened up her mouth! They were supposed to do motions as well, but she chose not to do any until the very last one. She is my little shy one, the total opposite of Caleb! She looked precious standing up there though and I was very proud of her :)

The gift that she made for me was a little hot plate. Her teacher's had helped her decorate it with her fingerprints and it is adorable! She was so excited to give it to me and she is a good little secret keeper! I had no idea that she even made anything for me and I was so surprised!

She also gave me a card entitled "My Mom" by Kathryn. These are some things that she said about me. They are priceless!

1. My mom is "6" years old. (I'm guessing that number is fresh in her head since Caleb just had his 6th birthday)

2. Her favorite color is "orange". (not quite sure where that came from!)

3. Her favorite food is "spaghetti" (which we haven't had in quite a while)

4. Her favorite thing to watch on television is "the cake show, my favorite one to watch too." ( she was absolutely right on this answer!)

5. If I could buy mom a present, I would buy "a baby for Clayton" (WHAT??? This answer cracked me up! I don't think so!!!)

6. My favorite thing to do with my mom is "color and paint". (I didn't know this and it makes me feel guilty that I don't paint with her more often! It just makes such a mess!!!)

7. What does my mom look like? "pink skin and long hair like me :)"


We had such a fun time together this morning and I enjoyed every minute of it. Plus, I got some precious gifts that I will cherish forever from my sweet girl!



No comments: