Caleb went to his first day of preschool today! He is going to the Carmel Wee School for 1 day a week this year. Our church has a wonderful preschool program that we are so thankful for. Everything is brand new and so top of the line. It is going to be great for him and great for me too! He loved his first day today, and I liked having a morning all to myself and Kathryn. His teachers are Ms. Holly and Ms. Amy. Caleb seems to really like them. We got him all set for school this morning with his new back pack, lunch box, juice cup and all. He walked into his classroom like he owned it all. He didn't look back even 1 time! He had to bring in his favorite teddy bear today and they focused on bears for the whole day. He came home wearing a hat with a bear on it that says "Caleb is beary special!" He painted a picture of a teddy bear that he is proudly displaying on our refrigerator now (he loves to show off his art). He has 2 good friends in his class, Caroline and Cole. He has known Caroline since he was in the womb and he has known Cole since he was born a few months later. I am so grateful for these sweet friendships of his! I know he will make lots more this year becuase there are 12 other children in his class. His teachers said he did great and sat in circle time very well. I am very proud of him. He was exhausted when I picked him up and he was asleep in the car before we even left the parking lot! He took a great nap when we got home too!Something funny I have to share: After school today I was talking to Caroline's mom, Donna. She asked me if Caleb got hurt today because when she asked Caroline about school, she said that Caleb got a boo boo and was crying. When I asked Caleb later this afternoon how his school was today, he said that Caroline got hurt today and was crying. Donna, he said that she was standing on her chair at lunch and she fell off! I don't know who was telling the truth, but evidently it made an impact on both of them today! Maybe they both got boo boo's :)
Caleb sporting his new monkey back pack. He didn't want to wear it and was in the process of dropping it.

He loved playing in the pretend school bus in the lobby of the preschool. They have such cute toys now!

Bye Bye Mom!

Playing with his new friend

Off to play more!

Deciding where he should go to next!

Playing with his good friend Caroline

He's got his teddy bear hat on and he was so proud of it!

Sound asleep before we even left the parking lot!
3 comments:
I am laughing at the part about the boo-boos! I asked Caroline if she fell off of her chair at lunch b/c she was standing on it and she said "yes"! It's always scary to wonder what your kids do or say when you're not around!
I love the picture of Caleb sleeping in his bear hat:)
Hi Jessica! Can you email me at Hellodarla@aol.com. I have to ask you a question. Cute post by the way! Caleb is getting so big and so handsome. :)
Yea school! Makes good, sleepy kids! How adorable...
Post a Comment