Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blossoming Artist and Bumbo

Caleb has really gotten into coloring and painting recently. He loves his Color Wonders markers and he will literally sit and color for 30 minutes at a time sometimes. Our refridgerator has his pictures all over it now and he loves to admire them. He has also started to love drawing with chalk on our driveway. For about the past month, our driveway has become a colorful masterpiece. Since we haven't had rain in FOREVER, we just continue to add drawings to it daily. Caleb has drawn lightening bolts all over it. In fact, everytime he goes outside, he has to draw more. I have to tell him that he can only draw 1 lightening bolt before we get in the car because he would do it all day if he could! He is obsessed with the "Cars" movie and wants everything that has to do with the movie. He got the idea to draw lightening bolts because Lightening McQueen has them on the side of his car body. Pretty soon our driveway will be covered with little lines everywhere!

As of this evening, we now have an easil in our den that he can color with chalk on whenever he wants. It also has a dry erase board on the other side and a big roll of paper that comes with it. I got such a good deal on the easil from Pier 1 Kids (thanks Donna!) and paid only $8 for the regularly $79.99 easil. Caleb absolutely loves it and spent a lot of time drawing and erasing on it this evening. I think this will become a favorite toy of his and he can show us his already blooming artistic skills! :) So Caleb, draw all the lightening bolts that you want now!

Caleb got his hair cut today at Doolittle's today. They do such a great job there and the lady cut his hair in like 3 minutes. He did a great job for the last minute and a half. The first minute and a half he screamed as loud as he could and made a scene. He always had to be very dramatic! I reminded him that he could have his own little bag of mini m&m's if he did well, so that made him shape up. He quit crying and enjoyed sitting in the silver race car and watching Tarzan. He ate his m&m's the whole way home. He looks so much older with his hair trimmed!

Kathryn is really gaining a lot of control over her head now. We have just started sitting her in the bumbo seat. She loves to be able to sit up and watch everything that is going on around her. Now she can sit up on the counter and watch me cook, she can sit on the table and watch us eat and she can watch her big brother play around her on the floor. The bumbo is an excellent invention! I really wish we had it when Caleb was little!
The blossoming artist
Check out my new doo!
Just sittin' in my bumbo

2 comments:

Donna said...

I love the picture of Caleb's new haircut! I didn't realize that the easle had a dry erase board...cool! I still haven't taken ours out of the box.

I also cannot believe that Kathryn is old enough to sit in the bumbo. That's kind of sad:(

Denise said...

Hello Jessica, This is Denise, Donna's sister.

I clicked on the "Jessica" in Donna post today and saw your sweet children. Kathryn is so cute and tiny in the Bumbo. I tell you, someone made a killing off that idea! It is the best invention for babies.

I love the cake you made for Donna's shower. You are a very talented lady!