Sunday, June 1, 2008

Memorial Day Beach Trip

I know this post is a litte late since Memorial Day was a week ago, but I figured better late than never! We headed out to Russ' parent's beach house for Memorial Day weekend on Friday. We always look forward to the times that all of Russ' family gets together. After a long trip down with at least 2 different potty stops for Caleb, we made it just in time for the kids to get their last bit of energy out before bed time. We awoke bright and early on Saturday morning (thanks to Caleb who gets up at the crack of dawn!). Unfortunately, it was a very overcast, rainy day. We stayed in most of the morning and watched the kids play together. We then headed out to Broadway at the Beach for the afternoon. Nana and Papa took Caleb, Kathryn and Roane to the aquarium while Russ and I, Brad, Anna and Greg went to see Indiana Jones. The kids had a blast at the aquarium and didn't tire Nana and Papa out too much! We really enjoyed the movie, even though it was very far fetched! Sunday was a beautiful day, so we spent most of it down by the pool or at the beach. Monday turned out to be the prettiest day yet, but of course it was the day we had to leave! We had a great weekend and enjoyed spending some time with Russ' family. We also loved playing the Wii and we all ended up being pretty sore from playing so hard! Nana was staying at the beach for the week, so she asked if Caleb could stay down there with her. Papa was going to be there for part of the time. We agreed, thinking it would be a good break for us and a great opportunity for Caleb to have Nana to himself for a couple of days. He had a great time with her and we appreciated the break, however we really started to miss him after a few days! My parents were down at Myrtle Beach for the week as well, so they picked up Caleb from the beach house and took him back to the house they were at for Friday and Saturday. Needless to say, he was a very spoiled boy all week! He came home this afternoon and we are so glad to have him back. We really missed him. I swear, he has grown so much over the past week! Enjoy some of the pictures from the weekend!


3 comments:

Chelle said...

I can't believe your big girl is standing up by herself already! Cute pictures!!

Donna said...

I can't believe she is standing either! Pretty soon she'll be walking:(

All of the pictures made me want to go to the beach with my family!

I agree about Indiana Jones, too. REALLY far fetched!!

Donna said...

Woah! I like the new addition to The Taylor Times! Cute picture:)