Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Update Over the Past Month!

First of all, I want to apologize for how long it has taken me to update my blog. It has been over a month - shame on me! Mainly because we have been really busy, but also because it has overwhelmed me when I thought about updating with everything that I wanted too. It takes a while to upload all my pictures, so I just haven't sat down to do it until tonight. I finally decided to just pick some of the hundreds of pictures I've taken over the past month and update you with all that has gone on. Here it goes:

The kids and I spent about 10 days at the beach the week before Labor Day. We were there with my mother in law, my sister in law Anna, her son Roane and her new baby Flynn (only 5 weeks old!) and Anna's mother. We had a great time with them and had wonderful weather. The men all made it down for the weekend, so it was fun to have them around to for a little while at least!



Caleb in mid-air



My little swimmer - she loves the water!



My other little swimmer - he loved swimming with his big goggles!

Caleb, Kathryn, Roane and Flynn


Flynn - she is a cutie!

Eating lunch in their swimmies!

Kathryn is a little fish - she swam all by herself with her swimmies! She wanted to be just like the big boys! Here we are swimming in the hot tub and enjoying the warm water.



After the 10 days at the beach, we left to go home for 2 days. Russ left on Labor Day weekend to go on a golf trip with guys from our Sunday School class, so the kids and I headed to Greenville for the weekend. Mimi and Grampy have gotten Kathryn a playhouse for her birthday. They are keeping it at their house until we move it to our house one of these days. Caleb and Kathryn loved playing in it and played outside for hours. It is absolutely adorable. It even has some furniture on the inside and 2 benches on the front porch. I know the kids will love it for many years!

Caleb peeking out the door of the playhouse!

Enjoying a picnic outside

The week after Labor Day, we came home and got Kathryn's first hair cut. Her hair had gotten pretty long and stringy, so she needed to get a trim. She did great, but was ready for it to be over. Here she is about ready to get it cut.

Caleb started school on Tuesday, September 2. He is going to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays this year. He has LOVED it so far and has really good teachers. He even has his best friend Caroline in his class. Here he is meeting his new teachers.

My big boy!

The next weekend, Russ went out of town with some friends (yes, again!), so we had 2 sleep overs with some friends whose husbands were also gone. Elizabeth and Jack came over for 2 nights and then 1 night me and the kids went to my friend Haley's house to stay. We had a great time and it made it really fun. Plus, I loved not having to stay alone! I didn't take any pictures, but we had so much fun!

We enjoyed going to Caleb's good friend Cole's 3rd birthday party at Charlotte at Play. That is such a fun place and the birthday party was a blast! Here are the kids eating the birthday cake. Notice how our little girl is sitting at the big table!

Last Sunday afternoon, me and some friends threw a baby shower for my good friend Elizabeth. She is expecting her 2nd baby boy in a few weeks. We can't wait to meet Luke soon! We had a great time at the shower and enjoyed some good food and fellowship. Here I am with the hostesses and Elizabeth.

Haley, Donna, Elizabeth, me, Chrystal and Kristin

Last Monday, Russ left to go out of town for the 3rd time! This time it was with his company all the way out in California. Donna's husband was out of town too, so guess what? We had another sleep over! Donna, Caroline, Roy Austin and even their little dog Maggie came over to spend the night. The kids had a blast and loved every minute of it. Here are Caleb and Caroline about to go to bed. In case you are wondering, they did not sleep together! Caleb slept with me and Caroline slept with her mom. I know the picture looks like they are sleeping in the same bed!

This past Tuesday, the kids and I left to go to Greenville again since Russ was still out of town. We were there for just a short time, but of course we enjoyed every minute of it. Mimi made Kathryn and adorable outfit with smocked poodles on it. It is probably my most favorite outfit that Kathryn has. Here she is posing for the picture holding a pink poodle. Isn't she a cutie?


This weekend, Nana and Papa took Caleb to the beach with them. Caleb had a great time and loved having Nana and Papa all to himself! Kathryn enjoyed having Mommy and Daddy all to herself! I worked a big consignment sale in Charlotte on Friday morning in order to get in to the preview sale on Friday afternoon. I love this sale every season and really get some good deals. I was very pleased with my purchases this year and got some great stuff for the kids. We even have some stuff put away for Christmas now!

Well, that's it for now. I think I am all caught up. I will try to do better with my updates. Hopefully I won't let myself get too far behind where it is overwhelming to even think about it!
































4 comments:

Chelle said...

Welcome back!! Your pictures are too cute. :)

Donna said...

Yea! YOu finally updated your blog!!!! That was a good recap. You have been a busy girl the past month with all of your travels!!

Funny about Caroline and Caleb in the same bed. When I posted about it, people were shocked! They're three!!!

Jessica said...

Donna I know! When I read the comments on your blog about that I was cracking up! I decided to make it very clear that they did sleep in seperate beds. But, I really wouldn't have cared if they did sleep in the same bed. They are only 3!!!

Sherri said...

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for the update. You are blessed to have such wonderful friends - I bet those weekends were fun!