Sunday, October 12, 2008

Caleb's Church Offering

I just had to share this story today, as it will go down as one of my most embarrasing moments. This time however, it was not because of something I had done, it was something our son did. This morning after church was over we were standing in the children's wing talking to some friends. It was very busy with people picking up their children and heading to their cars. Caleb had walked a ways down the hall while Russ and I were talking. I could see Caleb out of the corner of my eye, however I didn't see what he was doing. When I looked again to check on him, low and behold he was standing in the middle of the hallway with his pants and underwear around his ankles! He was in the process of removing his shirt as well and had a huge grin on his face! I ran as fast as I could to grab him and pull his pants up while I could here laughs coming from all around. When I pulled his pants up, he kept saying that his underwear wasn't pulled up. I just wanted to get him clothed so I could go around the corner, fix his clothes and discipline him! As I was walking him as fast as I could, I could here Russ in the background trying to tell me something but I didn't stop to hear what he said. I just wanted to get out of there! When I turned the corner and looked down at Caleb, his pants had fallen around his ankles again, which was also where his underwear was because I had not pulled them up yet. So that was what Russ was trying to tell me! Anyways, I fixed Caleb's clothes, gave him a very strong lexture about exposing our private parts and waited there until Russ came. I was so incredibly embarrassed! People were walking by laughing and telling me that all children do it. I wanted to say that maybe they do, but my child shouldn't and especially not at church!!! This evening, our friend Jared called to tell us what his son Jack had learned at church today. Jack told his parents that he had fun at church, that he saw Mr. Russ and that he saw Caleb wave his pee-pee! What a day!

6 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna said...

Oh my goodness! Jessica! That is hilarious!! I wonder what he was thinking to make him do that?! I bet you were mortified. I love that Jack said that he was "waving his peepee"!!! That is hilarious.

Chelle said...

I'm so sorry that happened to you...but it is funny! Definitely one for the laugh jar, don't you think?? I love it that they can talk now...but sometimes I wish it wasn't so much!

Chrystal said...

I'm laughing so hard I have tears running down my face! What in the world made him do that? If only we knew! Were you in front of Miss Debbie's office? Good times, good times!

Ashley said...

Ok, that is so funny. I know you didn't think so at the time, but it really is. I have seen this happen numerous times, so don't feel bad ;)

meredith said...

That is TOO TOO funny!!! Caleb's a trip! Ah, boys...is that what I have to look forward to?! :) By the way, just seeing your blog for the first time in a while...you should see mine - we have the same background! But are you surprised? :)