Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kathryn's 1st Year Pictures

Yesterday, I finally ventured out to get Kathryn's 1 year old pictures. Yes, she is 15 months old now, but I figured better late than never! With Caleb I got his pictures taken at exactly 3, 6, 9 and 12 months. Of course I wanted to do the same with Kathryn, but hers has ended up being more like 4,7, 10 and 15 months. Things are so different with the 2nd child! Many years from now I know it won't make a bit of difference that I was a little late getting the pictures. I probably won't even remember :)

We went to my favorite place to get pictures : Portrait Innovations. They are just right up the street from us and they really do a good job. The prices are very reasonable if you don't let them talk you into getting every picture under the sun. I was not very happy with our photographer though. I really do think it was one of his first days on the job. Kathryn was not very cooperative either and she did NOT want to smile. He didn't know what he was doing and had no idea how to get a baby to smile. All he did was talk in a really high voice to her the whole time. He really sounded ridiculous! Finally when he realized he was having no luck, he called in another photographer to help. At the end of the photo session there was a cranky little girl, an exhausted mother, a frustrated photographer and 3 other assistents who had given up on trying to get a smile. I kept telling them that Kathryn really was a sweet little girl and that she normally smiles all the time. I don't think that they believed me! After seeing all the pictures taken, weeding out the ones I didn't like, explaining to the photographer that no I didn't want to spend $220 and get 50 million pictures and that I didn't need the cd, I walked out of there getting 2 really good poses and spending only $37. Here are the cute pics we got. The first one is of Kathryn in her birthday dress and the second is of her in her poodle outfit. My mom made both of them - thanks a bunch Mimi!


3 comments:

Chrystal said...

I love the pictures! She is SO cute!!!

Chelle said...

So cute! We had a different trouble with Sara's last photo shoot: She was fine in the family portrait, but when it came time for the individual ones, she refused. She just wanted to be held...the only decent one we got still looked like she was sitting on a tack! Ah, the joys of parenthood!

Donna said...

I'm just now seeing this post. I didn't see it the other day when I saw your pumpkin patch post.

SO cute! I love the outfits. Good job, Mimi! Kathryn looks adorable.

I have to go get RA's done next week. I'm nervous because I am the sucker that leaves with the huge package. I still have TONS left from his 6 month, which reminds me that I never gave you pics! I'll give them to you tomorrow...6 months too late.