Friday, March 27, 2009

Puddle Jumping!

After all the rain we have had the past couple of days, the kids and I had to get outside to get some fresh air! Caleb had been wanting to go on a walk badly all day long, so I decided that we could go out and jump in the puddles. Thankfully the rain had stopped for a little while, so Caleb put on his rain boots and ran out to find the puddles. He jumped and laughed and splashed around so much that he got absolutely soaked. He loved it though! When he came inside and took off his boots he had at least a cup or tow of water in each boot! He stripped down and went straight to the tub.


Mid Air:


Ready, set, jump!


A splash landing:


Poor Kathryn doesn't have any rain boots yet and her little tennis shoes weren't very water friendly! After jumping a couple of times and getting wetter with each jump, she had had enough. She decided she would just play on Caleb's scooter and watch him jump.


After the puddle jumping, Caleb decided to be a good big brother and push Kathryn on his scooter. She loved it!

I have to share the great deals I got last weekend. It was the annual fall consignment sale at Matthews United Methodist Church here in Charlotte. A bunch of my friends and I volunteer to work the sale and consign clothes so that we can get in first to the sale. We love it and always find so many great things for a really good deal. I like to think of it as a clothing and toy exchange! I consign a lot of things so I normally end up making more than I spend! Caleb helped me get some of our toys that they no longer play with to sell, so I told him that in return I would bring him and Kathryn a treat back. The sale was packed with great things and I came home with lots of nice clothes (Ralph Lauren, Kelly's Kids, Rosalina, Stride Rite, Talbot's Kids, etc) plus some fun toys for the kids. I got Caleb a big train set with an electronic Thomas for just $10! He was so excited and played and played with it once Russ and I got it set up. We had to put it up after the weekend because it takes up so much room, but we will get it out again on special occasions. I also got Caleb a big Little Tykes Tool Shop for my parent's house. It has lots of fun tools and equipment and cost only $35. It is in great condition! Kathryn got a book collection of 12 princess books that look brand new for only $4! She also got an adorable chest for her dress up clothes that she is starting to get into now for only $5. I also got them both a playdough set for $3, a Blue's Clues computer game for $3, a Little Einstein's DVD for $4 and the Elefun game for $3. It is always so much fun to get nice things for really inexpensive! I look forward to the next clothing and toy exchange in the spring!

1 comment:

Donna said...

That's a great idea! I need to go buy the kids some rain boots for the next time it rains. That activity has to take up at least 30 minutes of a boring day:) I love the picture of Kathryn sitting on the scooter. Baby Blue is her color!

That train you got is so cool. What a great deal!