skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Dedicating Kathryn to the Lord
This past Sunday we dedicated Kathryn to our Lord at Carmel Baptist Church. We are so very thankful to Him for the beautiful gift that she is. We promised the Lord that we would raise Kathryn in the church as well as in our christian home. We will do our very best to raise her to have a very close and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Both sets of grandparents were able to be there, so it made it very special. Debbie Vanhoy does such a wonderful job with it and she makes it such a memorable occasion. The ceremony was very short and sweet and the reception was beautiful. Kathryn did a wonderful job throughout the ceremony and she fell asleep during the reception. All of the excitement just exhausted her! She was given a Bible, as well as a very nice pink and white blanket as a gift from the church. My mother surprised us with the dress that Kathryn wore. She made it especially for Kathryn and it is absolutely gorgeous. She even put some beautiful lace with roses on it at the bottom of the dress in honor of Kathryn "Rose". Thank you so much mom! I hope that Kathryn's children and grandchildren will be able to wear the dress one day too!Here are the pictures from Kathryn's special day:








3 comments:
That dress your mom made is gorgeous! That's a beautiful heirloom for Kathryn to have for her offspring. I'm glad the day was special for you and your family!
Jessica & Russ,
What a wonderful blessing to dedicate your child to our Savior. I am always blessed to read your blog and be reminded of the gifts He has given us. I respect and admire your commitment to give your children a loving Christian home. May He continue blessing your family! We love you guys!
Jessica!
You look so beautiful! I'm glad to see you guys are doing well. I am coming right along at 29 weeks -- I can't believe it is getting so close! I hope to see you soon.
Love,
Ashley
Post a Comment