A few months ago, after getting the idea from a friend (thanks Donna) , I started a "Laugh Jar." Whenever Caleb says something really funny, I write it on a piece of paper, along with the date and put it in the laugh jar. Then at the end of the year (or whenever I need a good laugh) I take out the papers in the jar and remember all the things he has said. Here is one I will never forget.
The other morning, we were laying in the bed and talking. Caleb was asking if Jesus lived on the earth at the same time as the dinosuars (he is really into dinosaurs right now). I told him no, but that Jesus walked on this earth a very long time ago. I was telling him that Jesus was perfect and that He never did anything wrong. We talked about how Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins, how he was buried in a tomb (imagine how hard that is to explain to a 3 year old - I just had to tell him it was a cave that bears might live in!). Caleb then told me that Jesus was alive after 3 days, thankfully he is learning a lot at church! He then wanted to know what happened to Jesus after he had risen from the dead. I told him that He went to visit His friends and show them that He was really alive again. Then He went into heaven to be with God, but that He watches over us. He listens to us when we pray, He loves us and He takes care of us. Caleb was in deep thought and he then asked "When I am ornery, does Jesus go to the North Pole and tell Santa Claus?" I said in between laughs "As a matter of fact He does!"
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love it! Jesus talking to Santa, what a great idea. It's amazing what they're learning, isn't it!?
I'm glad you made a laugh jar! They're great. I love that story, too! His mind is definitely working:)
Post a Comment