My contractions started at around 7:30 on Monday morning. They were very steady, but not painful at all. I started to have the feeling that it was going to be that day. I got up, fed Caleb breakfast and then got ready to go to his My Gym class at 10:15. I figured that I might as well keep moving and see if the contractions go away, or if they continue to get stronger. They were very steady, coming every 5 minutes. At Caleb's My Gym class, the contractions started to get stronger (but not painful) and then my lower back started hurting. I knew this was it because I have not experienced any back pain this entire pregnancy. We finished Caleb's class, called Russ and told him to come home because we thought this was it. I called by Doctor at 11:15 and she said to come in to the office around 1:30 to get checked to see if any progress had been made. I didn't want to wait another 2 hours, but decided to stay busy cleaning house and getting Caleb ready to go. Nana came over to get him, so that we had nothing to worry about. Of course, he was thrilled to go to Nana and Papa's and he was also excited that baby Kathryn was coming very soon! We went to see Dr. Gourley at 1:30 and he said that I was in active labor. I was 3 cm dialeted and 70% effaced and he said head on to the hospital. The baby's heartbeat sounded great and I was not in much pain, so we took our time going to the hospital. We were very excited and nervous about what the rest of the day had in store for us!Saturday, July 28, 2007
Headed to the Hospital to Meet Kathryn!
My contractions started at around 7:30 on Monday morning. They were very steady, but not painful at all. I started to have the feeling that it was going to be that day. I got up, fed Caleb breakfast and then got ready to go to his My Gym class at 10:15. I figured that I might as well keep moving and see if the contractions go away, or if they continue to get stronger. They were very steady, coming every 5 minutes. At Caleb's My Gym class, the contractions started to get stronger (but not painful) and then my lower back started hurting. I knew this was it because I have not experienced any back pain this entire pregnancy. We finished Caleb's class, called Russ and told him to come home because we thought this was it. I called by Doctor at 11:15 and she said to come in to the office around 1:30 to get checked to see if any progress had been made. I didn't want to wait another 2 hours, but decided to stay busy cleaning house and getting Caleb ready to go. Nana came over to get him, so that we had nothing to worry about. Of course, he was thrilled to go to Nana and Papa's and he was also excited that baby Kathryn was coming very soon! We went to see Dr. Gourley at 1:30 and he said that I was in active labor. I was 3 cm dialeted and 70% effaced and he said head on to the hospital. The baby's heartbeat sounded great and I was not in much pain, so we took our time going to the hospital. We were very excited and nervous about what the rest of the day had in store for us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment