We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby Kathryn, due in about 2 weeks! This has been a pretty good pregnancy, despite the terrible sickness in the first 15 weeks. We were pretty sure that it was a girl because the pregnancy has been so different than Caleb's. I must say it has been much harder being pregnant and chasing around a 2 year old! I stay very busy, and pretty exhausted most of the time. We have pretty much everything ready for her now, just waiting on her grand entrance which will be on her own time! We are hoping it will be a little earlier than her actual due date which is July 26. We'll see!Caleb is very excited about having a little sister and he talks about her all of the time. If you ask him who is in mommy's belly he says "baby Kathryn." He often likes to say "baby sister be here in a minute" or "show baby sister this". We don't know if he really understands what is about to happen, but he knows there is going to be a new baby at our house soon. Russ and I are a little nervous about how he is going to react, but we are hopeful that it will be a smooth transition for him as well as us! We'll soon find out!
Here is Caleb loving his little sister!We moved Caleb into his big boy room about 1 month ago. We made it a train room and tried to make it very special for him. He loves it and thinks he is such a big boy because he sleeps in a big boy bed. Thankfully this has been a great transition for him. He knows that his old room is baby Kathryn's room now and he doesn't seem to mind. Sometimes he wants us to change his diaper in there though, I guess he misses it a little! He sleeps so well in his new room and we have no trouble keeping him in his bed. He is such a big boy and we are so proud of him!
Caleb's new "choo choo" room!
He loves it and feels like such a big boy!
Of course we had to include the poster from the "Cars" movie. It is one of Caleb's favorites!
First night in his new bed!
Next goal is potty training, which is going pretty well so far. We will see how long it takes until he is in big boy underwear all of the time! Russ and I think he could do it well now, but we are just kind of lazy right now (especially me because I am so big!) I hate to say it, but sometimes a diaper is just easier! He does use the potty a couple of times everyday though, so we are moving in the right direction!
Look at me! No diaper!Caleb is such a joy to have around ~ most of the time ~ when he is not pitching a fit. He is really good at throwing those, so that has been difficult for Russ and I. Caleb is learning not to throw them now and if you ask him he says "big boy's don't throw fits." The other day he actually asked us if he could go throw a fit. We were laughing so hard! He walked into the den and threw himself on the floor, laughing the whole time. What a little clown! He talks ALL of the time and this morning he said a sentence that was 15 words long. He is only 2 years old! He amazes us all of the time by what he says, all that he remembers and just how smart he his. I guess we are a little partial though :).
Here is Caleb sitting in baby Kathryn's nursery. I will include more pictures of this when it is finished!
No comments:
Post a Comment