Saturday, January 19, 2008

First Snow of the Year

On Thursday morning we gladly welcomed our first snow of the year here in Charlotte. It was so fun when we woke up with the ground covered in white! Caleb was thrilled and kept asking over and over to go outside and play in it. We had a nice morning drinking hot chocolate and relaxing. Unfortunately, it didn't stay for long. The snow changed to rain and then the rain just washed the snow away. Caleb was determined to go out in it, so I bundled him up and let him play in it for about 10 minutes. It was raining so hard, but he didn't seem to mind! He just wanted to go out and make snowballs and snow angels. I had to make (and I mean make) him come inside. I was absolutely freezing, but he was just having a blast. To be a child again and not mind the cold...




Making a snow angel

Here he is pushing the his truck in the snow. I felt bad for him because the snow kept piling up on the tires and it wouldn't go anymore. He was determined to push it though!

They are calling for more snow this afternoon. We are hoping that it will be a nicer snow to go out and play in. Stay tuned for more pictures!

By the way:

Kathryn started sitting up on Wednesday! She loves to sit on the floor now and will play for long periods of time. I had been working with her daily on it, but when I put her on the floor on Wednesday evening, she was able to sit very well! Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I LOVE Caleb's face in that picture of him making a snow angel! How cute! I'm so mad that we didn't get any accumulation today (SAT). I was hoping for at least an inch:(